Push button switches ensure full control over the operation of a piece of equipment. There are different types of push button switches as seen on different machinery.
Flush push button switch - comes with an actuator flush and mountain ring, this is typically used to avoid accidental activation.
- Extended push button switch - this has a ¼ inch actuator elevated from the mountain ring which allows for easier activation. This is typically used for prominent commands on the control panel.
- Mushroom push button switch - this has an actuator with a larger diameter than the standard button, hence the mushroom shape. This is used for emergency stop buttons due to the increased visibility and actuation.
- Emergency stop push button switch - this demands more activation to reset a function.
- Illuminated push button switch - this type of push button switch is integrated with LED for actuating and illuminating purposes.
- Double push button switch - this has two controls in one body to save space and costs.