As an industry practice, there should be safety labels and signs anywhere in the facility where hazards may be present. You can take advantage of other types of signs that, although they do not feature any particular hazard, remind employees to stay safe and practice safety. These are:
- Notice signs - display info about rules, instructions, directions, and more.
- Admittance signs - prohibit unauthorized personnel from entering a restricted area.
- General safety signs - exhibit broad messages related to safety, medical equipment, general safety measures, and more.
- Non-hazard signs - simply display general safety facility information and have nothing to do with communicating hazards. One example is a restroom sign.
- Fire safety signs - mark where to find fire exit paths and firefighting equipment.