Safety signs, depending on their types, can have distinct purposes. Nevertheless, safety signs have these five main general purposes.
- Safety signs are used to comply with safety regulations and standards. For example, workplaces use signs in order to comply with OSHA regulations and avoid hefty penalties.
- Workplace safety signs serve as identifiers of hazards to keep individuals safe
- Signs help create a secure and safe environment for employees, visitors, clients, and others who enter the workplace
- Directional signs help individuals find their way around the workplace, especially when hazards are in the way
- Health and safety signs provide critical information and warnings to ensure overall safety in the place.