There are six colors for safety signs that are approved by the ANSI. These colors are identified in the ANSI Safety Color Chart.
- Red: Danger signs, fire protection equipment, flammable liquids
- Orange: Warning signs, indicates energized machines/equipment
- Yellow: Caution signs, alerts physical hazards
- Green: First aid, safety information
- Blue: Facility regulations, property standards, other information not related directly to safety
- Purple: Safety managers may assign this color to anything they deem important for the facility